Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Journey Begins: Kristy Taylor as Dr. Kristy Taylor, DHSc.......U.S. History Professor??

I thought that this would be a good place to share my thoughts, research, and experiences as a Health Science and American History Professor.  After recently finishing my doctorate in Health Science with an emphasis in Global Health from A.T. Still University my life started to head in a totally unexpected direction.  Last year, in the middle of finishing up my doctorate, I decided to take some additional courses in another subject area, just in case I would be affected by new legislation passed regarding Florida colleges.  I chose to take classes in American History from American Public University, and it has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made.  While it was difficult to take so many courses at the same time, now with only two classes left to finish my second master’s degree in History, the journey has been well worth it.

I find myself pursing my passion as I work to learn more about African American History, African Diaspora, the Founding Fathers, the Constitution, etc.  There is so much to learn!  There is also the other issue of combining my 10+ years of healthcare experience with my new career as an American History Professor (part-time).  I am far from the belief that I will ever stop teaching healthcare, as I have taught a variety of courses in this area over the years.  In fact, healthcare will always remain my primary area as I am very interested in researching health disparities, healthcare law, healthcare ethics, and other public health issues, particularly from various cultural perspectives. This blog is simply a place to share my passion for all things academia as it relates to health, history, and working in the field of education.  

Connect with me on Linkedin.com:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/kktaylor
Email:  DrKristyTaylor@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Dr. Taylor on your continuing success in achieving your academic and career goals in the education industry. Please free feel to checkout http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBblackHistory.asp for factual and evidence-based resources. I wish you an abundance of success as you journey forward towards living your dream at every adventurous stage you reach for the remainder of your academic career and personal life. All the best and take care. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete